The second edition of the AMSSM Sports Medicine CAQ Study Guide offers new test questions from recent In-Training Exams. An added feature in this new edition is a keyword index with question numbers and page numbers.
This comprehensive resource from the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine provides two complete tests with answers, explanations, and up-to-date references. Each test features 200 questions that were initially used to evaluate recent graduates of primary care sports medicine fellowship programs. The tests can be used by physicians studying for the Certificate of Added Qualifications exam or fellows studying for their In-Training Examinations. The book is also a great tool for pre/post-residency test preparation and for review sessions during sports medicine rotations.
Unique features of the AMSSM Sports Medicine CAQ Study Guide include:
• Actual questions used in the In-Training Exam, with answers, critiques, and the most current references for further review
• Tests formatted and weighted to match the content of the sports medicine CAQ exam including:
o Role of the team physician
o Basic science o Health promotion and prevention
o Emergency assessment and care
o Diagnosis and management of sports injuries
o Musculoskeletal rehabilitation
• Test questions written by leaders in the field of sports medicine education
• Up-to-date questions and answers useful for CAQ and In-Training Exam preparation, as well as any sports medicine curriculum
• New to this edition: an index to find questions based on topics from the ABFM CAQ blueprint
The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine is a multi-disciplinary organization of sports medicine physicians whose members are dedicated to education, research, advocacy, and the care of athletes of all ages. Founded in 1991, the AMSSM is now comprised of more than 2,000 sports medicine physicians whose goal is to provide a link between the rapidly expanding core of knowledge related to sports medicine and its application to patients in a clinical setting. For more about AMSSM, see amssm.org.